TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Download and Installation Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
I've been trying to download this game through Arc and having nothing but problems with it. The speed is terribly slow, going at exactly 1% every 5 minutes (I know- I clocked it), and has been stuck for the last hour at 37%. My system is up to date, my firewall is not blocking any processes, and I've done the trick of pausing it and ending the Akamai and Pando processes (although pando stopped appearing after the first) through task manager. For the record, I use DSL through the phones lines, which is normally enough for anything I mean to do, including other games.

I feel like Arc is trying to route me through a server that's too far away, but I've seen no options for selecting a closer node. Is there any way to get this working without Arc? I cannot use Torrents, since BitTorrent has a habit of breaking on me and refusing to turn off, and any links I've found to old launchers simply load up- and tell me to use the link on the front page, which puts me right back at Arc.

Please excuse me if I sound annoyed, but I've been attempting this for some hours in order to play with a friend who, just so we're clear, cannot send me a copy of the launcher because she's hours away. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I've paused the download for now and plan to try again in the morning, in case it's server side.
Tech Support User
# 2
06-24-2013, 05:09 PM
You know what? Never mind, this can be deleted. I should not turn my computer on, wondering why it's slow, only to find out I'm receiving more than 4 hundred million bytes of data when the only thing intentionally open is my browser. I can't afford to have this program running in the background, trying to seed other downloads, when I've already told it to shut off.

As nice as the game appears, I'm afraid I won't be playing. Good luck if anyone else has this problem and can use this thread for some answers.