TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > General Tech Info > General Tech Support Issues > Hot Topics
Login

Notices

Tech Support Machine
# 21
12-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Aw, thank you! We will be here, just not every day (tech support). We will miss about 1 or 2 days this week. Same for next week.

Still no updates, btw.
Tech Support User
# 22
01-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Your gonna start getting "rage quit" pretty soon. And while that is one way of solving this bug, by waiting until all those who experience it quit out of frustration. I would rather that you did not solve it that way.
Tech Support User
# 23
01-06-2013, 11:10 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71#post7374671

found this it seems to have helped somewhat not sure how or why. I hope it helps others though. I still crash, but I can now go to ground maps and not crash and burn like I was doing and that is with the graphics settings a set a little higher.
Tech Support Machine
# 24
01-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Cryptic devs have not updated us on a fix for this. We are researching with them to get an answer/fix.

We may wind up seeing if the system requirements need to be changed to not include Intel integrated graphics, as many PC games do not support them.

We do understand the frustration with one day being able to play, then Season 7 comes out and you can no longer play, or crashes out before you can play, or in different spots.

Hopefully this week or next we will get a solid update about the issue since Cryptic is back from their holiday weeks off.
Tech Support User
# 25
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Again this problem is affecting more then just Intel cards. you can read here where most of the people are posting are talking about it: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=443801&page=9

Changing the game requirements is not a fix, that is just ignoring the problem. Everyone's cards played season 6 just ****ING FINE!! It is season 7 that is causing these errors, that seems to be plain to everyone who has this issue. Now yes these Intel cards are not the best and can't play all modern games. But they should be able to play this game. For gods sake this game is not ****ing crysis or anything. Heck I could play Orbiter 2010 on this http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/ Just fine!! Sure it is not a MMO. But it uses much more detailed textures and physics then your game! Your opinion that Intels are not good for gaming is is mostly opinion, as you helpfully pointed out. And even though it seems that most of the hardware sites seem to agree with you. Does not make that opinion correct. We are not trying to run this game at the highest settings. We just want to be able to play it without crashing our computers!

One more thing that I have noticed but did not think about until others brought it up. This error is progressive. At first I could only go to non season 7 maps and I would be fine. Then ESD started giving me trouble, then all ground maps. Ground maps would cause me to crash the computer entirely. And then finally I was in space at the Omega Battle Group, and that started giving me black screens. Oddly enough that seemed to be related to how many other players were near me. Flying through a group would cause black screens while flying around the Asteroids away form others did not. And yes this was all done with my graphics setting set at their lowest. And that includes not just the game settings but also the 3D settings on my cards as well. Even a complete idiot could tell that was not normal behavior for the game. Well maybe not since some of you guys over there have not managed to get this yet.
Tech Support Machine
# 26
01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Please note the location based issues with crashes and such are a different issue from the Intel graphic chipset owners. Cryptic is working on the location based issues in game that can affect anyone.

This thread is for the Intel graphic chipset owners with the specific issues where they basically can not play the game at all.
Tech Support User
# 27
01-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Really?? Oh I thought this thread was about the blanking screens and computer crashes that started after Season 7 was implemented. Actually before because it was discovered during the weekend beta test. Because I can play the game...just my graphics driver crashes, and if I am in the wrong place it causes my computer to freeze up. I could have sworn that this was what this thread was about. Woops!
Tech Support User
# 28
01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPanda16 View Post
Cryptic devs have not updated us on a fix for this. We are researching with them to get an answer/fix.

We may wind up seeing if the system requirements need to be changed to not include Intel integrated graphics, as many PC games do not support them.

We do understand the frustration with one day being able to play, then Season 7 comes out and you can no longer play, or crashes out before you can play, or in different spots.

Hopefully this week or next we will get a solid update about the issue since Cryptic is back from their holiday weeks off.
That is a pathetic way to wash your hands with an issue the Crytpic team created due to their poor quality control and a lack of skilled developers on their team. Are you going to do the same instead of addressing the issues Cryptic created with ATI and nVidia cards also?

Last edited by jcsww; 01-08-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Tech Support Machine
# 29
01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Name of the thread is: STO - Season 7 - Intel video/graphics problems loading

We did not wash our hands of the issue. Support has been trying to get some traction on this, the Intel Season 7 launch issues.

I mentioned the system requirements change as a possibility ONLY. Just in case they are rendering things in the new content that Intel GPUs can't, or don't handle very well.

You can try disabling DirectX 11 settings, if they aren't disabled already, not showing in-game.

For the AMD/ATI and nVidia issues, please submit a ticket to tech support with your dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs, and we can take a look and offer feedback. If there are legit bugs for some zones and such, then please keep an eye on the game forums to see what the CM and devs are trying for a fix, and when such a fix might go live.
Tech Support User
# 30
01-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I am not sure what the DirectX 11 settings would look like in game. I just have it set to the lowest graphics level and that seems to stop most of the crashing. I think since there are two separate issues here. Cards that are clearly not compatible and those that are experiencing this "location based crashing". You need to fix the crashing first, it will be easier to tell what cards are not compatible and which are not. But since you guys are sooo caught up with cards being not compatible, we players think you are ignoring us and the bug. And this "location based crashing" is happening everywhere now at least it is for me and others.