TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Forum & Website Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
# 1 User Name is Invalid
05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
My friends are attempting to create Perfect World accounts but every attempt ends with them being told that their "User Name is Invalid." Every random thing they can come up with says that it's invalid. Is there a known issue at the moment concerning log in or are there some hidden rules to username (account name not display, which never says what they want to be named is taken) that they are not following? Any advice is appreciated, thanks you for your time.
Tech Support User
# 2
05-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I was having the same issue in Firefox. Opened up IE and didn't have a single issue.

It may be something with adblock or something else in Firefox, but when I made the account in IE, when I selected a username and forum name, it popped up with "that name is available and you may use it" underneath the field, something that didn't happen when I tried making it in Firefox.

Best wishes.
That One Tech Admin
# 3
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi narlerok,

serev19 has the right idea. You can try/check the following as well:

You can try deleting the cookies and caches in your web browser and then restart the browser. Make sure cookies are enabled as well.

You can try using a different web browser like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.You can try using a different web browser like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Internet Explorer 8 or 9 is suggested.

Please make sure that you have Javascript enabled and Flash installed/enabled in your web browser too. If you have any plugins or AdBlock/No Script-like programs running, you can try disabling those.
Tech Support User
# 4
09-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serev19 View Post
I was having the same issue in Firefox. Opened up IE and didn't have a single issue.

It may be something with adblock or something else in Firefox, but when I made the account in IE, when I selected a username and forum name, it popped up with "that name is available and you may use it" underneath the field, something that didn't happen when I tried making it in Firefox.

Best wishes.
Thanks a lot serev19, IE solved my problem...