TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Updating/Patching Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
# 51
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure how to fix this... im computer dumb..
I fully patched and then the game opened and i got an error screen..
now it just says patching with no progress.

Can someone please in detail explain what to do here since its been fixed before.. i would like to play!
Tech Support User
# 52 Connection Problem - Autoupdate
05-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Downloaded the new .exe and launched as Admin and still getting "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate, Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times." THEN.... this error" Connection problem - Unable the establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

So I am!

Any solutions?
Tech Support User
# 53
05-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPanda16 View Post
The game launcher had some issues this morning, with the massive army of players that hit it. Try replacing the launcher file with the link below at the end of my post.

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try the game again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching in Options on the game launcher and try the game again.

--------
-> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues. (no, this is not a spell of great flushing and no water is involved, promise!)

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
-------
Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

----> Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled, and you may need to disable Display Fusion too. They can bee troublesome orcs.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

You may need to check with your internet provider (ISP) your network device's Help or Support resources, on how to do so. Dealing with some ISPs is like trying to roll a twenty underwater.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client. If you are having problems with the launcher, you can try replacing it for your game:

NW: http://files.playneverwinter.com.s3....everwinter.exe

tried all that still cant get the launcer to work!
Tech Support User
# 54
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdharding View Post
Game: Neverwinter

When I launch neverwinter.exe a little pop up box shows up in my top left hand corner of my screen. The title of the window is Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate

What it says is

"Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time."
Then after about 30 seconds it updates and says
"Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times."
Then it plays a sound as if you have just received an error in any program indicating that it cannot run.

An error box pops up saying
Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection... etc

I think it is just the heavy load, everyones trying to play.

Any feedback on this problem would be much appreciated
Same error here. Did everything on http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...ad.php?t=10061 , still not working.

Fun fact: I was already loged in earlier - so it was working at some point.

edit: Their twitter is saying their servers are down, I think that might be the reason. Jus't going to sleep I guess >_>

Last edited by foobr; 05-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Tech Support User
# 55
05-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I have also done everything the mentioned posts suggest, and I still get the following error:

Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long.

I even downloaded the new Neverwinter.exe file linked and ran as admin, no success, this had fixed the problem in the past but not this time.
Tech Support User
# 56
05-02-2013, 06:59 PM
same as above getting the launcher problem, difference is i was playing at the time, got DC then this error. I had this error previously swapped the launcher and it worked perfectly.

Why after 2 days of playing the game would it revert to the launcher error?
Tech Support User
# 57 Small text box top right corner
05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I am getting a small text box on the top left of my screen saying cannot connect. This game was working fine yesterday, so I'm assuming it's a huge influx of people logging on and downloading. I can't imagine the nightmare you guys at tech support are going through. Anyway, back to my issue, the header of this text box says "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" and inside of the box it says "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 times." After a few minutes it will say tried connecting 2 times. Then it will give me an error saying : "connection problem, Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical support."

It's not my internet connection, that's fine. I flushed my DNS cache and have already tried the alternatives (although the one where you suggest going to https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey boggles my mind, why would I need to go there? I don't have a key, it's open beta...) Anyway, any help would be great.
Tech Support User
# 58
05-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobr View Post
Same error here. Did everything on http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...ad.php?t=10061 , still not working.

Fun fact: I was already loged in earlier - so it was working at some point.
I'm in the same boat here. I was logged in, I got disconnected, tried logging back in, and it just kept hanging. After restarting the launcher, I can't get back in, due to an apparent inability to connect to the patch server. My internet is working just fine, I redownloaded the .exe, restarted my computer three times, tried running in admin mode, and none of it has worked so far. My modem is fine, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to log in at all earlier or yesterday. I've had this issue with Star Trek Online as well, and I can't remember how to fix it. If I could get some help *other* than the help page linked over and over, I'd snap it up.

Thanks in advance, and I hope that this can be fixed quickly, as I'm really enjoying the game.
Tech Support User
# 59
05-02-2013, 07:08 PM
+1 having this problem. Windows 8 pro. Downloaded .exe, disabled firewall, disabled windows defender, running as admin, logged in the website using internet explorer 10. Nothing worked.
Tech Support User
# 60
05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Same error :'(