TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Updating/Patching Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
Hello, I've got a problem thats quite different from most others, as it is before opening the launcher and not after. After trying to start the .exe, it simply doesn't appear, but I can see it in the task manager consuming about 40% of my CPU until i kill it. It was running for about 4 hours, so it is not a case of preparing to something etc. I couldn't find an possible solution to this, except one blog post writing about this problem, but having it unresolved.
I tried reinstalling IE, making it a default browser, reinstalling NWO, redownloading it, nothing worked. My laptop specs are Win8, Core i5, GeForce 635M.

Thanks for reading it
Tech Support User
# 2
05-02-2013, 03:18 PM
I also have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Tech Support User
# 3
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I am having the same issue, what is going on?
Tech Support User
# 4
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I have the same problem!!
Tech Support User
# 5
05-03-2013, 04:53 AM
I've got an update.
When servers were down last night, I got the popup box informing me about connecting to the server twice and then exiting. It looks like the problem lies after connecting to the server and before the launcher appearing. I think it is caused by it's unability to create a window. I've heard that it uses IE. My IE version is 10 and I've had it removed for some time, then reinstalled it after I got that problem, but maybe it wasn't installed 'fully'? It'd help if others experiencing the same problem told me if they too has uninstalled IE and which version of it they are operating on.
Tech Support User
Tech Support User
# 7
05-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cragann View Post
That's not the same issue. Nothing comes up at all
Tech Support User
# 8
05-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I had a very similar thing happen; I re-launched the "downloader" from the download section of the website, and told it to park the temporary files in the exact same place as the first time I ran the launcher, and it recognized that it was about 20% done and picked up right where it left off.
Tech Support User
# 9
05-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Exact same issue as OP. Tried reinstall, redownload/reinstall, IE as default and updated fully. Only difference is I'm running Windows 7. Any solution to this?
That One Tech Admin
# 10
05-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Try the following and see if they will help. We've had tickets with this issue and they tend to be resolved with the following:

First restart your computer system.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

Make sure to run the game launcher as an administrator by right-clicking the .exe and selecting 'run as administrator'

Disable programs such as Teamviewer, DisplayFusion, Asus tech programs, and anything else that is not needed to run the game (to at least test and try to troubleshoot for the issue)

Make sure your firewall or antivirus is not blocking the game at all. You can disable them at your own risk, maybe just temporarily, or try adding the game's files/folders as exceptions

You may just need to try to re-download and reinstall, making sure to run every executable as an admin and making sure your firewall doesn't block the download or installation in any way.