TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > General Tech Info > General Tech Support Issues > Contacting Support
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
# 1 raiderz gameguard error 114
11-30-2012, 02:43 AM
I keep getting gameguard error 114 on the windows 7 computer i am using now. i have tried restarting the computer, disabling anti virus and firewall and reinstalling the game but nothing works. The game previously worked on a Windows Xp computer i used a few days ago

pls help
Tech Support Machine
# 2
11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Gameguard needs to be able to fully access your system so it and your game can run. FAQs and support for Gameguard can be found here:
http://global.nprotect.com/support/faq.php

You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.