TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Forum & Website Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

I have had this PWI account for years as well as had a STO preorder with a cryptic account 6 months or more before game came out. I also got CE and a lifetime sub.

Try to make a thread in the general forum sections and get that error. WTH?
Tech Support User
# 2
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

I have had this PWI account for years as well as had a STO preorder with a cryptic account 6 months or more before game came out. I also got CE and a lifetime sub.

Try to make a thread in the general forum sections and get that error. WTH?
Your account age does not matter. When the STO forums were changed some months ago, EVERYONE'S join date was reset.

The posting restriction clock starts from your first login on any given forum for that particular forum.

For instance, you've been posting on the PWI forums forever but make your first login on the STO forums after the change. Your clock for STO starts from that login, regardless of how long you've been posting on a different PWE forum.

This was instituted to combat the rash of spammers PWE got on all their boards around October or so.
Tech Support User
# 3
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Your account age does not matter. When the STO forums were changed some months ago, EVERYONE'S join date was reset.

The posting restriction clock starts from your first login on any given forum for that particular forum.

For instance, you've been posting on the PWI forums forever but make your first login on the STO forums after the change. Your clock for STO starts from that login, regardless of how long you've been posting on a different PWE forum.

This was instituted to combat the rash of spammers PWE got on all their boards around October or so.
I've been in the forums before but had the same message and since the reason I come to the forums is to make threads I waited but its still like this.
Tech Support User
# 4
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
I've been in the forums before but had the same message and since the reason I come to the forums is to make threads I waited but its still like this.
About the best I can suggest in this case then is to submit a support ticket and see if the CS team can do anything.

IMO, there could have been a better approach to the spam issue, but it is what it is...
Tech Support Machine
# 5
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Reply to a thread on the forum of your choice. Say like on a Monday.

By Friday or Saturday-ish, you should be able to make your own threads.
Tech Support User
# 6
12-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPanda16 View Post
Reply to a thread on the forum of your choice. Say like on a Monday.

By Friday or Saturday-ish, you should be able to make your own threads.
So, for clarification purposes, the clock starts when you reply to a thread, and it is time elapsed, and not post count? And that clock is unique to the forum posted in? (e.g. posts in PWI forums do not count towards posting restrictions in STO forums).
Tech Support Machine
# 7
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Roughly, yes.

We do not share the exact manner in how the timing works publicly, as it morphs.
Tech Support User
# 8
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPanda16 View Post
Roughly, yes.

We do not share the exact manner in how the timing works publicly, as it morphs.
It would be good if the message bothered to say you need to reply to a thread so people don't go for months unable to make threads. The way its worded implys you only need to wait and not that you have to reply to anything to get the ball rolling.
Tech Support Machine
# 9
12-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Understood.
Tech Support User
# 10
01-12-2013, 11:25 PM
reply to start clock