TechSupport Forum

Go Back   Perfect World > Technical Assistance > Updating/Patching Problems
Login

Notices

Tech Support User
# 171
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Don't know how exactly I fixed it but I did a bunch of these solutions at once and it got fixed. Disabled teamviewer through services.msc, ran as admin, all that jazz. Didn't have to download anything though.
Tech Support User
# 172
04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
ok

I freshly installed the game about 5mins ago.

Then when i launch the game no launcher loads instead I get a little window called "cryptic launcher autoupdate" that contains the message "trying to update the launcher please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times"

and an error box titled:

"connection problem" containing the message: "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist please contact technical support."

I may have found a work around but it wont be ideal for everyone.

Assuming all perfect world games use the same launcher dusted the cobwebs off rusty heart and booted that up the launcher loaded and patching began (i didn't actually sit through the 1.5GB of patches) i then loaded up neverwinter again and this time it worked. it is now patching fine. hope this is of some help to others and not just an odd conincidence
Tech Support User
# 173
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
I've got through the updating and patching without "much" troubles, HOWEVER, now I'm stuck with the white window with "Loading. Please wait" on it.
The only time it loaded, damn launcher started bitching about my login. "Go and lo in one the webpage and restart the launcher". BS!

Last edited by karmicjustice; 04-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Tech Support User
# 174
04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
My friend downloaded the game and is having problems when he opens the launcher that it causes his browser to load an unlimited amount of ads.

I had no problem with the install and launcher is there a fix or is it not something Neverwinter related?
Tech Support User
# 175
04-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPanda16 View Post
The game is easy to install. It is just that a bunch of people decided to download and install the game on the day it goes into open beta. Things are a little bit busy today

The game has been available for download for over a week, offering players plenty of time to download and update it.
I'm starting to get really annoyed. I tried being civil and patient, that's getting me nowhere. I have repeated this twice now, but the two links you posted for the alternate patcher.exe are not working for -me-. I get that they're working for others, but I can't seem to download the ******n patcher. IT DOWNLOADS FINE TILL 99% THEN GETS STUCK AT 0 KB/S. HOW DO I DOWNLOAD IT? I HAVE TRIED BOTH THE LINKS.

Since others can download it, I know you'll say there isn't a problem at your end, and my network settings are bonkers, but IF MY NETWORK SETTINGS WERE BONKERS, WHY WOULD IT DOWNLOAD AT FULL SPEED UP TILL 99%???

I would appreciate a solution to my predicament. And, no, I have not tried most of the other solutions posted simply because I -cannot get the patcher to open at all- so there's no question of me disabling patch on demand or enabling quick launch or whatever.

Thank you.

Edit : I originally had the client downloaded and patched, ready to go 3 days prior to Open Beta. Since then, I have downloaded it once through torrent and once through direct download, thinking maybe one of those would work. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Last edited by tiffycaek; 04-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Tech Support User
# 176
05-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Yup same issue for me... white screen after i double click on the launcher ... Please FIX ASAP!
Tech Support User
# 177
05-01-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm having the same issue Frustrating.

Still, try to speak some sense here- guys, there is no point in freaking out at them. You're not paying for anything, and this is an open beta--- finding these issues is precisely the point. The idea is that we're catching them now rather than on release day.
Tech Support User
# 178
05-01-2013, 04:35 AM
Alright, so I'll clarify...

Installed from Torrent, downloaded a while back actually.

First time I ran the .exe, it booted fine. Lost power due to a thunderstorm about halfway through patch download. When the power came back up, I reopened the launcher, worked fine, installed patch, all good.

Once complete, I logged in with the same credentials I use for STO. Successfully booted game, had a progress bar for about 20 seconds or so, then a NEVERWINTER Dungeons and Dragons splash screen. Sat with no response for several seconds, so I moved the mouse, it turned to the blue loading circle. I clicked, and it went white and gave me a not responding dialog box.

I closed and reopened the launcher. I got a "loading" message, but nothing happened after about 3 minutes. I closed the launcher, and it has been nothing but white screens from that point forward... probably about 7 or 8 attempts to this point over the course of about 15 minutes.

PS- 64-bit Windows 7. Lemme know if you need more info.
Tech Support User
# 179
05-01-2013, 04:36 AM
White screen, any fix soon? Is anyone communicating with us about this? are they aware that there is an issue?
Tech Support User
# 180
05-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbpdxx View Post
White screen, any fix soon? Is anyone communicating with us about this? are they aware that there is an issue?
Several posts from team earlier in the thread. I wouldn't expect to see any new posts until at least 11:00 EST (probably later) as gaming studios tend to work their extra hours in the evening rather than the mornings on launch days and they'll have scrum stand ups first thing.

Not sure where these guys are... some reason I wanna say San Diego, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, it'll probably be even later than what I said.